Monday 3 January 2011

Why I won't be going to Specsavers.

In this mornings Daily Mail there is a full page advertisement from Specsavers in which they are promoting free glasses to NHS customers.

Leaving aside the fact that all citizens of the UK are NHS "customers" I will not be going to Specsavers.

What they mean is all NHS customers who are entitiled to NHS glasses support wil be entitled to free glasses which is another matter all together.

So why will I not be going to Specsavers? Simply because Specsavers are not paying for these glasses all their other customers are!

I know it sounds mean but I am already paying over the odds to the NHS so why should I be expected to pay further to promote Specsavers?

Let's have a joke. What's the difference between a businessman and a dog? The businessman wears a suit, the dog just pants.

On this day:- January 3rd

In 1959 Alaska became the 49th state of the USA

In 1961 USA severed diplomatic links with Cuba

John F.Beaumont

No comments: