Friday 7 January 2011

January 7th 2011

Newtooth got back around 10pm yesterday.

She had a great day although I'm not surprised as she gets on very well with the children.

I mean the grandchildren! Ivy and Pru are not quite so easy to get on with even though they are Newtooth's daughters.

Adults are always more difficult than children!!

It was snowing this morning but didn't settle.

At lunchtime I went to meet Newtooth for lunch but the normally restaurant was still closed from Christmas Holidays so we went to the cafe in the library instead.

Whilst the students are away from the University they only have a skeleton staff on.

For the second time in the last month I have been surprised at how some people harbour grudges.

Ivy and Pru still harp on about something that supposedly happened over 20 years ago and a niece of mine is blanking me because of something she feels I should have done 11 years ago.

Since I didn't know anything about what happened at the time as I wasn't told how could I have reacted? Doh!

Still joke time:- Wife to husband "You certainly made a fool of yourself last night. i just hope no one realised you were sober"

On this day:- 7th January

In 1905 The US Senate approved the first government appointment of a black man

In 1927 a transatlantic telephone link between London and New York was opened.

John F.Beaumont

No comments: