Saturday 8 January 2011

Why can't people let go?

Recently via Facebook I contacted a relative that I hadn't seen for some time.

Imagine my surprise when I found out she was harbouring a grudge against me for failing to react to an incident in her life which took place 11 years ago.

The irony is that she never made the effort to tell me herself and assumed I would hear about it on the grapevine.

As it happens I never received the information and in fact only found out about it some years later when it was too late to do anything about it.

And she harbours a grudge against me! Doh.

What do they say? You can choose your friends but not your relations.

Joke for today :- Families are like fudge. Mostly sweet with a few nuts.

On this day:- 8th January

In 1642 Galileo died.

In 1989 a Boeing 737 crashed on the M1 at Kegworth killing 44 people (actually very close to where I was living at the time)

In 1935 Elvis Presley was born.

John F.Beaumont

No comments: