Wednesday 5 January 2011

The Start of the new Year

Great start. I accidently wrote the tart of the new year! Freudian slip!

Seriously though I had a great start to the year.

Last Sunday Newtooth and I went to Melton Mowbray Market for the excellent car boot sale they have there every Sunday.

Guess what? Yep they didn't have it last Sunday. I'd looked up the market website and there was nothing about it not being held because of the New Year.

Never mind there is a great Garden Nursery just outside Melton Mowbray called Houghtys which has a very nice restaurant.

This restaurant is in the Swiss chalet style with a lovely large log fire.

So Newtooth and I stopped there for a bite to eat and a drink in front of the fire.

Monday Newtooth, Techno and I took down the Christmas decorations and put them away for another year.

The on Tuesday I had to go and have a blood test to check on diabetes and afterwards went swimming.

Only did 30 lengths instead of the 50 lengths target as I have to get back in the swim (ha,ha) after the Christmas lay off.

Joke for today:- The only exercise she gets is jumping to conclusions.

On this day:- 5th January,

In 1066 Edward the Confessor died.

In 1941 Amy Johnson crashes and dies on a flight across the Thames Estuary

John F.Beaumont

No comments: