Monday 10 January 2011

Great Weekend

Yes it was a great weekend.



On Saturday I was playing with Techno's wii games together with him and Gorgeous. Fun but just wish I could get the hang of it!



Maybe, just maybe if I can practice enough I might even win! Still as they used to say about the Olympics it's not the winning that counts but the taking part.



Yesterday I painted the new doors we have upstairs and in the afternoon went for a walk with Gorgeous, Techno and Hubble Bubble the mad dog.



We are very lucky around here as we have some beautiful countryside so walks are a definite pleasure.



It is rather strange though that not many other people take advantage of the countryside although I suppose that suits us as we have more of it to ourselves.



In the evening we watched Countryfile which is a very interesting programme where you can learn a lot of information about the countryside.



It was a liitle sad though last night as Adam, one of the presenters, is a farmer and because some of his cattle had bovine TB he is not able to use his animals fro breeding purposes and some of them had to be destroyed instead. More heartbreaking than Coronation Street or Eastenders because this is real life.



Joke for today: I tried sniffing coke once but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose.



On this day:- 10th January



In 1937 the British Government banned its nationals from joining the anti Franco forces in Spain.



In 1863 the first underground railway in London opened.



John F.Beaumont

No comments: